Cogne Aosta Valley

La Maison Gerard Dayné

The “Maison Gérard-Dayné” , museum, is situated on the boundaries of the historical village of Cogne.

The “Maison Gérard-Dayné” is situated on the boundaries of the historical village of Cogne. 
It is a representative example of Cogne’s historical architecture: it is composed by 8 minor building and its aspects date back to beginning of twentieth century when all the modification works were completed.

It is important because it is one of the rare examples in which we can recognise the internal courtyard that allows the communication among the different building. It was a kind of common space, with a lot different functions.

Today the “Maison Gérard-Dayne” is itself a museum, but also hosts different kind of exhibitions of Aosta Valley’s traditions.

Take a look at the recreational options available in the “Cogne and Gran Paradiso” section. At certain times of the year we propose specific special offers or events and novelties, all of which you can read about in our Newsletter. Subscribe to our newsletter. Menu specialities. Further information. To book the special offers please send an email or contact us by telephone.

Parco Nazionale Gran Paradiso

Gran Paradiso National Parc

A world to discover. The birth of the Gran Paradiso National Park dates back to the 1922. The Italian State, accepting the donation of the royal hunting reserve by Vittorio Emanuele III, established the national Park, entrusting the administration of these territories to a Royal Commission. The creation of a protected area is strongly linked to the safeguarding of the animal symbol of the Park, the Alpine Ibex, of which, after the WW II, only 416 specimens had survived in the whole world and all of them within the territory of the Park.

Read more
Il Folklore

Il Folklore

Cogne Valley has always been famous for its lively festive occasions, where dancing and singing are accompanied by accordions and the beat of drums.

Read more
La chiesa Parrocchiale di Sant’Orso

Sant'Orso parish church

Historical records mention that the entire community contributed to building their church in 1202, probably on the same site as the present one.

Read more

Chiamaci